One month in and we have learned so much. We are almost fully settled as third graders, so it should be smooth sailing from here on out. I have a FANTASTIC class and look so forward to what we are going to accomplish together this year.
Visit our class website at guest.portaportal.com/andiwhite to find important documents, homework, word study words, and great websites to reinforce content learned. Your child should have his or her SpellingCity login and password information. If not, please let me know.
If you ever have any questions or concerns regarding any matter, please contact me. Email is the best way to reach me.
Let’s have a great year!
Regards – Andi White email@example.com
- Volunteer Breakfast – September 14th at 9:30 am
- Fall Picture Day – September 29th
- Parent/Teacher Conferences – October 27th – 1:30 – 7:30
What We Are Working On . . .
- Place Value (to 100,000’s)
- Rounding (to 9,999)
- Comparing numbers (<, >, =)
- Addition and subtraction (4 digit) with regrouping
- Single step word problems
Reading and Language Arts – Both Fiction and NON-Fiction
- Main Idea and Supporting Details
- Drawing Conclusions/Inference
- Text Features in Non-Fiction
- Writing complete sentences
- Scientific Method
- Investigation of Soil
- States of Matter
- Geography – Continents & oceans
- Map Skills -positions and locations, symbols, land, water, etc.
- China & Egypt Review